04 June 2014

A Room with a View

When we are not all working hard here at NC Homes HQ, we occasionally take time off to unwind and relax.  As we all have an avid interest in architecture outside of our work life, we thought it would be nice to share photos on our Blog, of buildings and places of architectural interest that inspire us, or that we simply "like the look of". 
 
As I have just recently been away (camping in the Dumfries & Galloway area at the Spring Bank Holiday), I thought I would get the ball rolling with a house that caught my eye.  Below are three photos I took of The White House at Mute Hill, which is 2 miles South of the Artists' town of Kirkcudbright, South West Scotland.  I was initially taken by the design of the house, which is quite unusual, but when I took in the full extent of its location it took my breath away!  The house sits on an estuary, affording it the most amazing views from its circular living room with floor to ceiling windows.  What I wouldn't give for a peak inside this house!





Debi Evans
Office Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment